Stakeholders Advisory Council
The Central Wasatch Commission Stakeholders Advisory Council serves as a citizens advisory council for the Central Wasatch Commission staff and Board. The Stakeholders Advisory Council is comprised of community members, representing many of the diverse interests in the Central Wasatch Mountains, including community organizations, environmental groups, ski resorts, residents and property owners, and the general public. The Stakeholders Advisory Council may gather information, conduct fact-finding, provide analysis, conduct feasibility studies, and otherwise collaborate with broader constituencies with interests in the Project Area in order to make suggestions, recommendations and proposals to the CWC Board and the Commission’s staff and consultants. All Council members will serve four-year terms. starting in January 2019, and ending on June 30, 2023; however, half of the Council members have been assigned a two-year term. There are no term limits for Council members.
Interested in submitting an application to join the CWC Stakeholders Council? Complete an application here.
Stakeholders Advisory Council Members
- Sarah Bennett, Trails Utah
- Kelly Boardman, Salt Lake City resident
- Roger Borgenicht, Utahns for Better Transportation
- Amber Broadaway, Solitude Mountain Resort and Deer Valley
- Barbara Cameron, Big Cottonwood Community Council Chair, Brighton resident
- Mike Christensen, Utah Rail Passengers Association
- Caitlin Curry, Utah Backcountry Hunters and Anglers
- Stuart Derman, Wasatch Mountain Arts
- Tom Diegel, Wasatch Backcountry Alliance
- Mike Doyle, Brighton Ski Resort
- Del Draper, Cecret Lake Cabin Owners Association
- Jennifer Eden, Utah Clean Energy
- Dave Fields, Snowbird Ski Resort
- Carl Fisher, Save Our Canyons
- Dennis Goreham, Wasatch Mountain Club
- Ian Hartley, Mountain Trails
- Maura Hahnenberger, Salt Lake Community College
- Kurt Hegmann, Mill D Cabin Owners Association
- Linda Johnson, Salt Lake City resident
- John Knoblock, Mt Olympus Community Council
- Hilary Lambert, Wasatch Mountain Institute
- Adam Lenkowski, Salt Lake City resident
- Michael Marker, Little Cottonwood Canyon resident
- Ed Marshall, Log Haven Restaurant
- Morgan Mingle, Park City Chamber and Visitors Bureau
- Megan Nelson, The Nature Conservancy
- Kirk Nichols, USFS Evergreen HOA, and Professor of Outdoor Recreation, University of Utah
- Nathan Rafferty, Ski Utah
- Danny Richardson, Salt Lake City resident
- Pat Shea, Friends of Alta
- Rusty Vetter, Salt Lake City resident
- Joanna Wheelton, Cottonwood Canyons Foundation
- Serena Yau, Salt Lake Climbers Alliance
- Dan Zalles, League of Women Voters
Stakeholders Advisory Council Committees
Trails Committee – The goal of this committee is to explore potential ways that the CWC can address trails needs within the CWC project area.
- Chair: John Knoblock
- Vice-Chair: Sarah Bennett
- Stakeholder membership: Barbara Cameron
This committee meets publicly on the 2nd Thursday of each month at 2:00 p.m.
Millcreek Canyon Committee – This committee meets to discuss matters pertinent to Millcreek Canyon.
- Chair: Paul Diegel
- Vice-Chair: Del Draper
- Stakeholder membership: John Knoblock, Ed Marshall, Tom Diegel
Meets publicly on the 3rd Monday of each month at 1:30 p.m.