The Central Wasatch Commission is an interlocal governmental entity with jurisdictions in the Town of Alta, Cottonwood Heights, Millcreek City, Park City, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Sandy City, Summit County, and the Utah Department of Transportation. The area of focus is between I-80 and the Salt Lake County line south of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Our mission is to implement Mountain Accord while engaging the public, building consensus, and coordinating action in the Central Wasatch Mountains. If you are passionate about the Central Wasatch, local government, and public service, consider joining our team.
Office Manager for the Central Wasatch Commission
The Office Manager performs a variety of administrative, human resource and communications duties in support of the day-to-day business activities of the Central Wasatch Commission. The Office Manager will provide consistent administrative support, scheduling and meeting coordination, payroll and bookkeeping, public information management and support, and facilitate the coordination of public meetings.
- Assist staff in scheduling and preparing materials for committee and board meetings. This includes assisting staff in preparing copies of materials, public meeting packets, presentations, and ensuring compliance with the Utah Open and Public Meetings Act.
- Assist staff in preparing public meeting notes and minutes.
- Manage employee bookkeeping and other accounting tasks including payroll.
- Assists staff in maintaining budget records.
- Supports external auditors by coordinating information requirements
- Assists with the implementation of Central Wasatch Commission policies and procedures.
- Maintains and orders office supplies.
- Other duties as assigned
- Committed to the Central Wasatch Commission’s mission to protect the Central Wasatch through limited development, canyon transportation solutions, environmental and recreational stewardship.
- Three years of full-time office experience.
- Demonstrated potential ability to perform the essential functions as outlined above.
- Demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices.