The Central Wasatch Commission is an interlocal governmental entity with jurisdictions in the Town of Alta, Town of Brighton, Cottonwood Heights, Millcreek, Park City, Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Sandy City, Summit County, and the Utah Transit Authority. The area of focus is between I-80 and the Salt Lake County line south of Little Cottonwood Canyon. Our mission is to implement Mountain Accord while engaging the public, building consensus, and coordinating action in the Central Wasatch Mountains.
Open: Until filled
- Communicate the work of the Central Wasatch Commission through digital and print media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the CWC website.
- Assists in oversight of the Central Wasatch Commission’s outreach work
- Develops, organizes, and executes outreach events.
- Represent the Central Wasatch Commission at community events in and around the Central Wasatch including outreach events and trail-maintenance work days
- Photograph the Central Wasatch for CWC digital use
- Miscellaneous work as assigned
- A commitment to the Wasatch Mountains, and demonstrated knowledge of the Central Wasatch Commission’s mission and work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to commit 9-12 hours per week, with the potential for some nights and weekends
- Light physical effort. Mostly comfortable working positions, handling light weights, intermittent sitting, standing, and walking.
- Frequent exposure to stress as a result of human behavior and the requirements of the job.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this internship will be a fully remote position.
- Email a cover letter explaining your qualifications and interest in the position, and resume detailing your professional and academic qualifications to Lindsey Nielsen at email@example.com.