Central Wasatch Commission will work remotely and host video and phone conference public meetings during COVID-19 pandemic
Governor Gary Herbert announced precautionary measures to limit the spread of COVID-19 (the novel Coronavirus) in Utah, which included a recommendation for entities to move to remote daily operations. On Monday, March 16th, Central Wasatch Commission staff began working from home. The Central Wasatch Commission will continue to follow this recommendation and other requests form Governor Herbert, local officials, public health specialists, and medical experts.
Governor Herbert made the following recommendations, in conjunction with the Utah COVID-19 Community Task Force and local health departments:
- Limiting mass gatherings of more than 10 people
- Recommending that individuals over 60 should not participate in gatherings with more than 2 people
- Recommending that individuals who are immunocompromised should not participate in gatherings with more than 2 people
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented global situation, and the response from the Central Wasatch Commission will adjust according to additional information and guidance from experts as available. CWC staff will be working from home, and Central Wasatch Commission public meetings will be held via video and phone conference until further notice. Video and phone conference information will be made available on both the Central Wasatch Commission website, and on the Utah Public Notices website, in accordance with the Utah Open Meetings Act.
The Central Wasatch Commission is continuing its daily work and remains committed to the protection of the Central Wasatch through transportation improvements, concentrated development, and environmental and recreational stewardship. The CWC is in the midst of:
- Year-long Mountain Transportation System process;
- The Call for Project Ideas is open and staff are currently accepting submissions;
- Resolve Congressional legislative issues, including land tenure, and;
- Progress continues with the Environmental Dashboard.
Staff are available via phone or email. Contact information accessible here.
CWC Executive Director